Requesting every document at first contact may discourage genuine off-market owners, but accepting vague claims until negotiation is too risky. I am seeking a one-bedroom villa or small independent home in Milan, around 55 m², with a ceiling of €745,200. It should be habitable now, although gradual improvements are fine.
An initial message can give the approximate area, asking price, measured floor area, current condition, tenure, recurring local charges and known running costs. Please also state whether the sender is the owner or acting for someone else.
Before a viewing or substantive negotiation, I will need to verify ownership, the stated area and any representative’s authority. A brief explanation of the price is welcome, but the underlying documents and disclosed condition will determine whether I proceed.
An initial message can give the approximate area, asking price, measured floor area, current condition, tenure, recurring local charges and known running costs. Please also state whether the sender is the owner or acting for someone else.
Before a viewing or substantive negotiation, I will need to verify ownership, the stated area and any representative’s authority. A brief explanation of the price is welcome, but the underlying documents and disclosed condition will determine whether I proceed.