jules_roan
Property investor
The estimate was the detail that changed my view: inspection items on this 90 m² Brisbane studio add up to roughly A$94,240. They appear manageable, but at that level I am hesitant to let the seller select and supervise the trades, even though that is the solution being proposed.
If the lender accepts it, would a settlement credit leave me in a better position to control the repairs than a price reduction? I understand why the seller may prefer to complete the work, but I also need to protect the deposit and meet the inspection-response deadline. I would appreciate Australian context on how to document this, with experiences elsewhere clearly identified as such.
If the lender accepts it, would a settlement credit leave me in a better position to control the repairs than a price reduction? I understand why the seller may prefer to complete the work, but I also need to protect the deposit and meet the inspection-response deadline. I would appreciate Australian context on how to document this, with experiences elsewhere clearly identified as such.