SeLoger for a Cape Town coastal-home search: what needs verifying?

buildTheHarbor

Property manager
I used SeLoger while searching for a coastal home around Cape Town. The coverage was useful, and I particularly valued the closing-cost information, but apparent duplicates, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area figures made meaningful comparisons harder than expected.

The missing piece was a clear indication of listing freshness and what happens after contacting an advertiser. I’m also curious whether others found the mobile filters, map pins, alerts or price-history information reliable.
 
Stale availability would concern me more than duplicates. You can group apparent duplicates manually, but an unavailable home wastes time and distorts the shortlist. Were the duplicates identical adverts, or the same property shown with different prices, areas or advertisers? That distinction would help establish whether the problem is duplication or conflicting listing data.
 
I’m not convinced every apparent duplicate should be removed automatically. Separate adverts may contain different details, and merging them could hide those conflicts. I’d rather see them linked as possible matches, with their update dates visible.

Map accuracy matters too: an incorrect pin and an intentionally approximate one can look the same to a buyer. Did you notice obvious location errors, or was floor area the only field you could identify as inconsistent?
 
For a practical comparison, keep one row per property and note each advert’s price, stated floor area, pin location and last visible update. Save screenshots before contacting the advertiser, then record what changed or was confirmed afterward. If price history, sold-record links or alerts are available, treat them as supporting information rather than proof. Closing-cost figures should also be verified for the specific South African transaction rather than relied on in isolation.
 
Good distinction. I didn’t record enough detail to say whether the apparent duplicates came from different advertisers, and I wasn’t systematic about map-pin accuracy. My notes mainly captured the stale status and conflicting floor-area information.

I’ll redo the shortlist using one row per property, compare desktop with mobile, and record the contact outcome. That should separate portal behaviour from errors originating in individual adverts.
 
Back
Top