Seoul detached homes: condition gap or early market shift?

lookTheRiver

Homeowner
Established
I may have to act on one of these homes shortly, yet the apparent rise in choice could be a difference in property quality rather than a change across the Seoul market. In November 2025, the detached homes I followed were advertised from ₩369,800,000 to ₩554,800,000 and had been marketed for about 88 days.

It is tempting to read the larger pool of listings as buyer leverage. However, quite a few have condition or energy-performance problems that would exclude them for me, so they may not compete directly with the better homes.

For now I am inclined to separate renovated properties from those needing major work, then record new listings, withdrawals and when reductions occur. Recent completed sales within the same tight areas would be the next check. Would that be enough to treat the pattern as property-level variation unless both good and poor-condition homes begin slowing together?
 
I’d assume property-level variation until the completed sales show otherwise. Detached homes can look comparable on price while differing substantially in condition and exact location.

How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries, and does the 88-day figure include homes later withdrawn? I’d also compare new-listing volume with price-cut timing. More adverts do not necessarily mean more genuinely motivated sellers.
 
Completed sales matter, but I wouldn’t wait for them alone—they can describe decisions made weeks earlier. Buyer financing and seller motivation could change what is negotiable before that appears in sale records.

I’d keep separate counts for new listings, withdrawals, reductions and completions, then tag each home for condition and energy performance. If reductions begin earlier while better-condition homes still move, that suggests a quality split. If everything slows across the same tightly defined neighbourhoods, the broader-market explanation becomes stronger.
 
Back
Top