Seoul townhouse snapshot — February 2025: sample and evidence needed

sailsAndWall

Homeowner
Established
I can publish the February 2025 Seoul townhouse snapshot now with strong qualifications, or hold it until the sample is better defined. Neither option feels quite right: delaying loses the monthly comparison, while publishing may give too much weight to numbers that reflect a different mix of properties.

The current observations are 43 days on market, a 10.3% rise in asking prices and apparent financing sensitivity around ₩752,100,000. They are informal market indicators rather than a Seoul-wide measure.

Before updating the summary, I’d like to separate genuine price changes from shifts in neighbourhood, property type and price band. Completed-sale figures, inventory movements and source links would help. I also need a clear observation date and a record of later revisions so corrections do not silently alter the February version.
 
I would not lead with +10.3% until the sample is defined. Is it a change in asking prices for the same listings, or a change in the median caused by different townhouses entering the sample? The 43 days also needs a rule for relisted properties. At minimum, publish the observation date and the date of any later revision.
 
That is the main limitation. I cannot yet separate actual repricing from a change in the mix, so I’ll keep the figure explicitly labelled as indicative rather than presenting it as broad Seoul appreciation.

For additions, would a useful minimum be neighbourhood, property type, price band, first-listing date, current asking price and—where available—completed-sale price? I can also keep the February version fixed and log later corrections separately.
 
Yes, but distinguish the original asking price from the final asking price; otherwise reductions disappear. Opening and closing inventory counts for the same defined sample would also add context to 43 days.

I’m less comfortable with “financing sensitivity” as written. Unless there is a clear basis for that interpretation, describe the clustering or change observed around ₩752,100,000 and let readers discuss possible causes.
 
I’d retain the financing point, but only as a tentative observation. Removing it entirely could hide a useful pattern. The better test is to split listings below and above that range, then compare inventory and time on market without implying that ₩752,100,000 is a hard threshold. Neighbourhood tables matter too; one Seoul-wide figure can conceal very different local mixes.
 
A clean next version could have three sections: the frozen February 2025 snapshot, the sample definition, and a revision log. Keep townhouses separate from other property types, show neighbourhood and price-band splits where the sample permits, and attach a source link plus retrieval date for every external figure. Completed sales can then be added as a separate comparison rather than silently blended with asking-price data.
 
Back
Top