I’m assessing a 5-bed country home in Singapore at S$1,849,000, with expected rent of S$11,620 per month. That gives a headline gross yield near 7.5%, but the figure is obviously less attractive after vacancy and operating costs.
My model uses eleven rented months, then deducts management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair. The building appears sound, although I’m concerned that vacancy or tenant turnover could make the reserve look optimistic. Which local cost—property tax, insurance or something else—is most often underestimated, and what net yield would justify the risk for you?
My model uses eleven rented months, then deducts management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair. The building appears sound, although I’m concerned that vacancy or tenant turnover could make the reserve look optimistic. Which local cost—property tax, insurance or something else—is most often underestimated, and what net yield would justify the risk for you?