Treating the +9.8% as a broad rise could lead me to overstate the market, but dismissing it as listing mix could mean overlooking a real change. Neither conclusion feels sound from the figures I have. The sample covers Singapore coastal homes advertised from S$804,000 to S$1,206,000, with a median marketing period of about 24 days. Renovated properties appear to move faster, while others remain listed and undergo reductions.
What would help separate a market shift from a change in the homes being offered—completed sales, new-listing volume, or the timing of price cuts? I’m also trying to understand how buyers treat property tax in practice: is it reflected in a lower offer once total affordability is calculated, or does it more often cause them to leave the negotiation?
What would help separate a market shift from a change in the homes being offered—completed sales, new-listing volume, or the timing of price cuts? I’m also trying to understand how buyers treat property tax in practice: is it reflected in a lower offer once total affordability is calculated, or does it more often cause them to leave the negotiation?