If I mistake a thin September sample for a market shift, I could draw exactly the wrong conclusion about Singapore student housing. My September 2025 notes show well-presented units taking about 107 days, with units needing work generally lingering, and an apparent 2.7% difference between advertised and completed prices.
Before calling that greater buyer selectivity, I want to check whether the figures refer to the same properties and the same stage of the transaction. The result could change if 107 days runs to agreement in one source but completion or listing removal in another. A few low-volume neighbourhoods could also be driving the overall number.
For anyone seeing the same pattern locally, what was the source date, transaction count and area covered? I’m thinking of separating neighbourhoods and recording first asking price, final asking price, sale price, condition and completion date. That should make it easier to distinguish a broad September pattern from a handful of slow or discounted units.
Before calling that greater buyer selectivity, I want to check whether the figures refer to the same properties and the same stage of the transaction. The result could change if 107 days runs to agreement in one source but completion or listing removal in another. A few low-volume neighbourhoods could also be driving the overall number.
For anyone seeing the same pattern locally, what was the source date, transaction count and area covered? I’m thinking of separating neighbourhoods and recording first asking price, final asking price, sale price, condition and completion date. That should make it easier to distinguish a broad September pattern from a handful of slow or discounted units.