travelsAndLane
First-time buyer
A 145 m² multifamily may spread vacancy risk across several tenants, but the extra households could also create more management and insurance exposure. I’m comparing one with a similarly priced Amsterdam apartment and cannot yet tell which ownership structure is likely to be more predictable.
My figures cover financing, energy, insurance and eventual resale. What I may be missing is what happens after the easy first year: tenant turnover, an empty unit, accumulated small repairs, or an unexpected contribution to shared-building works. The apartment might limit my responsibility while also taking control over spending decisions out of my hands.
What documents and scenarios would you check before choosing? I’m especially interested in the commitments that are difficult to reverse once the purchase is complete.
My figures cover financing, energy, insurance and eventual resale. What I may be missing is what happens after the easy first year: tenant turnover, an empty unit, accumulated small repairs, or an unexpected contribution to shared-building works. The apartment might limit my responsibility while also taking control over spending decisions out of my hands.
What documents and scenarios would you check before choosing? I’m especially interested in the commitments that are difficult to reverse once the purchase is complete.