Stockholm condos: +7.0% movement, 78 days on market and sold-price history

cai.fable

Homeowner
Established
The comparison will not be reliable unless withdrawn and relisted homes can be separated from genuinely new stock. With that limitation, I am reviewing Stockholm condos advertised from SEK 5,034,000 to SEK 7,550,000, with a reported +7.0% movement and around 78 days on market.

My current view is that buyer financing may explain more of the spread than broad demand, although condition, association fees and seller flexibility could easily outweigh it for individual units. Are recent completed sales showing that pattern? I would appreciate the neighbourhood, condo type, renovation level and monthly fee, along with the first listing date, any reduction date and the sold price. Please also say what the +7.0% measures and whether the 78-day figure resets after relisting.
 
Before drawing a conclusion, what does the +7.0% measure—asking prices, completed prices, or movement in your selected sample? I’d also separate continuous days on market from homes that disappear and return. Even within a named neighbourhood, shifting the boundary by a few streets can change the comparison. For condos, matching size, monthly association fee and renovation level would make the sold-price history more meaningful.
 
I’m not convinced financing is the main explanation for the discount spread. It may reduce every buyer’s ceiling, but condition and seller motivation determine whether that pressure becomes an actual price cut. A dated condo with a flexible seller is not comparable with a renovated one whose owner can wait.

I’d group the listings by neighbourhood, condition and first-listing month, then record withdrawal, first reduction and completed sale separately. That should show whether 78 days reflects slow negotiations or stale stock cycling through the market.
 
Back
Top