I’m tracking the Stockholm property market, and the mix appeared to change in August 2024. Well-presented mixed-use buildings were moving in roughly 53 days, while properties needing work remained available longer. At the same time, I’m seeing a visible gap of about 5.2% between asking prices and completed deals.
I’m trying to decide whether this was just a late-summer effect or evidence that buyers had become more selective. The answer may depend heavily on sample size, transaction volume and neighbourhood, so citywide headlines alone are not especially helpful.
For anyone following Stockholm locally: did completed transactions in August show a similar asking-to-sold gap, and was it concentrated in particular areas or property conditions? Please mention the neighbourhood, approximate sample size, whether the figures are original or revised, and whether the 53-day period refers to listing-to-contract or another measure.
I’m trying to decide whether this was just a late-summer effect or evidence that buyers had become more selective. The answer may depend heavily on sample size, transaction volume and neighbourhood, so citywide headlines alone are not especially helpful.
For anyone following Stockholm locally: did completed transactions in August show a similar asking-to-sold gap, and was it concentrated in particular areas or property conditions? Please mention the neighbourhood, approximate sample size, whether the figures are original or revised, and whether the 53-day period refers to listing-to-contract or another measure.