Getting this wrong could either cost us the condo or leave us paying well above a poorly evidenced market value. The Nairobi property is listed at KES 118,700,000, has been on the market for 68 days and requires updating. Nearby advertised prices are similar, but there are too few completed transactions available to give us a dependable benchmark.
We are considering starting 13% under the asking price. Our financing is in place and we can accommodate the seller on completion, so I would rather present those strengths than send a long catalogue of faults. At the same time, we need inspection, financing and valuation conditions, with clear deposit treatment if any of them fails.
Would you submit the lower figure with a brief explanation and financing proof, or first ask the agent about the seller’s priorities? I also want a reasonable response deadline without making the offer look theatrical.
We are considering starting 13% under the asking price. Our financing is in place and we can accommodate the seller on completion, so I would rather present those strengths than send a long catalogue of faults. At the same time, we need inspection, financing and valuation conditions, with clear deposit treatment if any of them fails.
Would you submit the lower figure with a brief explanation and financing proof, or first ask the agent about the seller’s priorities? I also want a reasonable response deadline without making the offer look theatrical.