The monthly payment has to leave enough room in my budget. That is the immediate constraint.
The purchase is a Sydney duplex at about A$714,400, and one offer is fixed at 5.72% for 10 years. Once fees and the applicable LTV band were included, the cheaper-looking headline offer was no longer obviously better. I’m trying to compare both loans over a realistic holding period rather than assume I will keep either one for the full decade.
Should I focus on APR, financing cost over that chosen period, or payments and fees combined? I also need to understand early-exit charges and whether portability would actually survive a move or a fresh loan-to-value assessment.
The purchase is a Sydney duplex at about A$714,400, and one offer is fixed at 5.72% for 10 years. Once fees and the applicable LTV band were included, the cheaper-looking headline offer was no longer obviously better. I’m trying to compare both loans over a realistic holding period rather than assume I will keep either one for the full decade.
Should I focus on APR, financing cost over that chosen period, or payments and fees combined? I also need to understand early-exit charges and whether portability would actually survive a move or a fresh loan-to-value assessment.