Sydney property meetup — August 2024 date ideas?

loft.balanced

First-time buyer
Established
I’m organising an informal Sydney property meetup in August 2024 and need to decide between a weekday early evening and a weekend session. The rough agenda is local market observations, financing, a deal-analysis exercise and a short round of practical questions.

If interested, please say which timing suits you and whether remote access would matter. I’ll choose a central venue once there’s a rough headcount, taking public transport, accessibility, cost and room capacity into account.
 
A weekday early evening would suit me better, ideally somewhere within an easy walk of a major train station. I’d keep the market discussion fairly short so there’s enough time for financing and questions; otherwise four agenda items could become rushed.
 
I’d prefer a weekend. How long are you expecting the meetup to run, and would remote access be live participation or just listening? That distinction could affect the venue, equipment and cost quite a bit.
 
I’m not convinced hybrid access is worth the complication for an informal first meetup. It can leave remote attendees struggling to hear a room discussion and distract whoever is facilitating. An in-person event with a brief written recap afterwards may work better, provided the venue is genuinely central.
 
Whichever format wins, could you confirm step-free access, seating and any attendee charge before people commit? A quieter room would also help with the question round. For the deal analysis, one anonymised example circulated as a simple scenario would keep the discussion focused without anyone needing to disclose personal details.
 
The preferences are already split, so a short poll with a small selection of August 2024 options may be the cleanest next step. Include the expected finish time as well as the start time, since that affects public transport choices. Once the venue capacity is known, firm RSVPs and a waiting list would avoid booking either too much space or too little.
 
Back
Top