I want a reliable cost picture for a Sydney villa around A$1,543,000, but the unresolved building work makes a neat closing total difficult. I have allowed for transfer duty, conveyancing or legal fees and registration. I still need to identify recurring property charges, possible ownership restrictions, residency-related tax questions and inheritance implications.
The meeting minutes refer to proposed work three times without giving a settled amount. Before treating that as an ordinary future expense, which records would show whether it has been approved, quoted, funded or discussed as a special levy? I also need to clarify whether a levy decided before settlement but collected later could fall to the buyer.
Which unclear or repeated charges should be queried, and which costs are normally fixed parts of the transaction? I’m trying to prepare focused questions for licensed Sydney legal and tax professionals.
The meeting minutes refer to proposed work three times without giving a settled amount. Before treating that as an ordinary future expense, which records would show whether it has been approved, quoted, funded or discussed as a special levy? I also need to clarify whether a levy decided before settlement but collected later could fall to the buyer.
Which unclear or repeated charges should be queried, and which costs are normally fixed parts of the transaction? I’m trying to prepare focused questions for licensed Sydney legal and tax professionals.