I’m looking at a country home in New York around $385,000, potentially with a view to renting it out, and I keep finding very different services described as “tenant placement.” Some mention negotiation and document coordination; others seem to end after making an introduction.
Should this service have any responsibility during the purchase from offer to closing, or is that a separate role entirely? After acquisition, what should placement include: marketing, applicant handling, lease coordination, move-in arrangements, or something less?
I’m trying to compare response times, transparent fees, local knowledge and accountability when something stalls. Specific New York examples or a practical scope checklist would be more helpful than a sales pitch.
Should this service have any responsibility during the purchase from offer to closing, or is that a separate role entirely? After acquisition, what should placement include: marketing, applicant handling, lease coordination, move-in arrangements, or something less?
I’m trying to compare response times, transparent fees, local knowledge and accountability when something stalls. Specific New York examples or a practical scope checklist would be more helpful than a sales pitch.