One approach is to favour the strongest income evidence; another is to prioritise the applicant with the best rental references. Both are plausible, but they point to different people for this 4-bed new-build flat in Nairobi.
I want to score every applicant consistently, with payment reliability and the likelihood of a stable tenancy carrying real weight. How much emphasis would you place on verified income, recent rent payments, references and credit history? I also need a clear process for handling the deposit and checking that the proposed rent is realistic for the market. Which commonly used screening questions produce little evidence and may unnecessarily exclude a sound tenant?
I want to score every applicant consistently, with payment reliability and the likelihood of a stable tenancy carrying real weight. How much emphasis would you place on verified income, recent rent payments, references and credit history? I also need a clear process for handling the deposit and checking that the proposed rent is realistic for the market. Which commonly used screening questions produce little evidence and may unnecessarily exclude a sound tenant?