I want to complete the renovation without extending the house, but hidden damp or outdated services could make the ZAR 2,883,000 budget unreliable. The property is described as a 195 m² coastal home in Johannesburg, so I also need to clarify whether “coastal” refers to its style or to some form of environmental exposure.
The work covers the kitchen and bathrooms, new floors and paint, an electrical review and modest energy improvements. Before fixing the contingency, which inspections or written scope details would you obtain? I am particularly concerned about access for pipework, moisture testing, the boundary between essential and optional electrical work, contractor exclusions and lead times for materials.
The work covers the kitchen and bathrooms, new floors and paint, an electrical review and modest energy improvements. Before fixing the contingency, which inspections or written scope details would you obtain? I am particularly concerned about access for pipework, moisture testing, the boundary between essential and optional electrical work, contractor exclusions and lead times for materials.