TrueSignal
Homeowner
We have received an early offer of around €644,000 on our Dublin property, and the listing agent says they can also act for the buyer. The speed is appealing, but I am concerned about how confidential advice and negotiation could remain independent when one agent is involved on both sides.
If this arrangement is permitted in Ireland, what written conflict disclosure and practical safeguards would you require before accepting it? I would also want clarity on the fee basis, who the named contact is for each party, how offers are recorded and communicated, and what buyer qualification has actually been completed.
There are a few service details still unclear too: the agreed photography scope, expected response times, and what support the agent provides if the sale falls through. I am not looking for general reassurance about the Dublin market; I would particularly value a list of questions or conditions that would expose the real downside of proceeding this way.
If this arrangement is permitted in Ireland, what written conflict disclosure and practical safeguards would you require before accepting it? I would also want clarity on the fee basis, who the named contact is for each party, how offers are recorded and communicated, and what buyer qualification has actually been completed.
There are a few service details still unclear too: the agreed photography scope, expected response times, and what support the agent provides if the sale falls through. I am not looking for general reassurance about the Dublin market; I would particularly value a list of questions or conditions that would expose the real downside of proceeding this way.