The team favours commute data, but I’m hesitant to prioritise it

xavi_flint

Property manager
Established
We need to choose a direction soon, and the tempting option is commute-time data because it is easy to demonstrate. I suspect the bigger saving may come from fixing the quieter handoffs between listings, inspections and documents.

The system also has to work across several countries, with sensible permission levels, clear document revisions and usable mobile access. I’m trying to avoid a setup that shows progress in one place but sends staff elsewhere to update the real record.

Which integration has genuinely reduced repeated entry for your team? If the answer depends on where the master property record sits, that may be the first decision we need to make.
 
I would prioritise listing imports into one core property record. If the property ID and existing details survive each handoff, schedules, inspection notes and transaction updates can attach to the same record instead of being retyped. A tool becomes another dashboard when it displays status but still makes someone open the original system to understand or change it. Where does your master record currently live?
 
I’m not convinced commute-time data belongs near the top of the list. Across countries, coverage and the meaning of a useful commute may vary. Mobile inspection capture, document versioning and a visible audit trail sound more fundamental. A clever data layer does not help much if the next person receives the wrong report revision.
 
Commute data could remain optional enrichment rather than control the workflow. I’d give each vendor the same test property: import the listing, schedule a viewing, add mobile inspection notes, replace a document, restrict one user’s access, then pass the file onward. Count every manual re-entry and every time the recipient has to ask for context. Also test whether the complete record and audit history can be exported; cross-country suitability will depend partly on local permissions and data requirements.
 
Back
Top