remi.birch
Buyer
I would like this 240 m² Mexico City apartment to work, but the building finances may be the obstacle. Reserves look limited, exterior repairs are under discussion, and owners have informally mentioned an assessment of up to MX$864,000. There is no approved charge yet.
Before reacting to that number, I want to establish the proposed scope, whether professional reports or contractor estimates exist, how costs would be allocated and whether other owners are behind on payments. I am also checking prior meeting records, insurance terms and the association’s financial position.
What findings would turn this from manageable deferred work into a reason not to proceed? Please flag any advice that depends on rules from a jurisdiction other than Mexico.
Before reacting to that number, I want to establish the proposed scope, whether professional reports or contractor estimates exist, how costs would be allocated and whether other owners are behind on payments. I am also checking prior meeting records, insurance terms and the association’s financial position.
What findings would turn this from manageable deferred work into a reason not to proceed? Please flag any advice that depends on rules from a jurisdiction other than Mexico.