A 4.92% rate fixed for two years is the condition driving this decision. The quote is for a Tokyo apartment purchase of about ¥219,600,000, and fees plus the applicable loan-to-value band make the headline offers difficult to compare.
For such a short fixed period, should I rank lenders by two-year cash cost and remaining balance rather than APR alone? The payment difference each month is affordable, so the more important unknown may be the reset terms. I am asking for figures under three paths: keeping the loan after the reset, refinancing at two years, and repaying early. Portability also sounds useful, but I need to establish exactly when it applies. Is there another figure in the lender illustrations that would materially change this comparison?
For such a short fixed period, should I rank lenders by two-year cash cost and remaining balance rather than APR alone? The payment difference each month is affordable, so the more important unknown may be the reset terms. I am asking for figures under three paths: keeping the loan after the reset, refinancing at two years, and repaying early. Portability also sounds useful, but I need to establish exactly when it applies. Is there another figure in the lender illustrations that would materially change this comparison?