SharpSparrow
Developer
If the ¥771,000 rent is not achievable or turnover is longer than expected, the margin could shrink quickly. I am looking at a 3-bed coastal home in Tokyo priced at ¥172,100,000; at that monthly rent, the headline gross yield is about 5.4%.
The property appears sound, but I still need evidence for the rental estimate and a clearer view of management charges, property tax, insurance and coastal maintenance. I have also allowed for vacancy, regular work and an occasional major repair. Would you rely on signed comparable leases or an existing tenancy before accepting the rent assumption, and which property records or cost statements would you request to test the projected net return?
The property appears sound, but I still need evidence for the rental estimate and a clearer view of management charges, property tax, insurance and coastal maintenance. I have also allowed for vacancy, regular work and an occasional major repair. Would you rely on signed comparable leases or an existing tenancy before accepting the rent assumption, and which property records or cost statements would you request to test the projected net return?