field_glass
Homeowner
I’m torn between reading this as weak demand and treating it as a condition-driven split within several coastal Tokyo markets. The properties I’m following are listed between ¥69,770,000 and ¥104,700,000; the snapshot reports movement of 0.3% and about 113 days on market.
Renovated stock appears to move sooner, whereas dated homes often remain available until the seller cuts the price. Energy performance and renovation quality may matter, but new-listing volume, seller motivation and relisting could be distorting that impression.
For anyone seeing a similar pattern, which neighbourhood and property type are you looking at? I’d also like to know whether the 0.3% reflects asking prices or completed transactions. My next step is to separate continuous listings from relisted homes and avoid combining distinct neighbourhoods into one sample.
Renovated stock appears to move sooner, whereas dated homes often remain available until the seller cuts the price. Energy performance and renovation quality may matter, but new-listing volume, seller motivation and relisting could be distorting that impression.
For anyone seeing a similar pattern, which neighbourhood and property type are you looking at? I’d also like to know whether the 0.3% reflects asking prices or completed transactions. My next step is to separate continuous listings from relisted homes and avoid combining distinct neighbourhoods into one sample.