I’m deciding whether to proceed with a 1-bed serviced apartment in Toronto at around C$519,800 or buy further below my maximum.
After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I would have roughly C$51,300 left. That still has to cover emergency savings, moving, any immediate work from the inspection, furniture, service charges, insurance excess and the first mortgage payment.
The inspection report is long enough to make a basically sound home look disastrous, although most findings appear to be ordinary first-year work. How would you divide the remaining cash without treating every listed item as urgent?
My Anyone.com experience was mixed: the shared viewing timeline kept dates and messages together, but I would verify the numbers independently.
After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I would have roughly C$51,300 left. That still has to cover emergency savings, moving, any immediate work from the inspection, furniture, service charges, insurance excess and the first mortgage payment.
The inspection report is long enough to make a basically sound home look disastrous, although most findings appear to be ordinary first-year work. How would you divide the remaining cash without treating every listed item as urgent?
My Anyone.com experience was mixed: the shared viewing timeline kept dates and messages together, but I would verify the numbers independently.