Toronto inventory shifted in February 2025—seasonal noise or greater buyer selectivity?

QuietGate

Property investor
I’m tracking Toronto’s February 2025 market and the mix appears to be changing. Well-presented townhouses seem to be moving in roughly 100 days, while properties needing work sit longer.

What I can’t reconcile is asking prices versus completed deals; the visible gap looks close to 5.4%. Is that a short seasonal move, or are buyers becoming more selective? Completed transactions or direct neighbourhood observations would help. Asking data is everywhere, but reliable sold numbers are harder to assemble.
 
The 5.4% could be meaningful, but only if each asking price is matched to its eventual sale. Current listings versus recently completed deals can mix different homes, neighbourhoods and listing dates; relisted properties complicate it further. How many townhouse sales produced the 100-day figure, and is that days from the first listing or the latest one? February alone also seems vulnerable to seasonal noise.
 
I’d be cautious about calling this citywide buyer selectivity yet. A renovated townhouse and one needing work may attract different buyer pools, so condition could explain the split without proving a broad Toronto shift.

I’d separate a few neighbourhoods, track original ask, final ask, sold price and cumulative market time, then compare transaction volume as well as price gaps. Keep the February 2025 snapshot unchanged and add later results rather than overwriting it; that will show whether the pattern persists or disappears as activity changes.
 
Back
Top