musicAndWorkshop
First-time buyer
I would prefer the offer with better flexibility, but the headline figures do not make that choice obvious. The property is around C$884,200, and the quote is 7.05% fixed for two years. Once the lender’s fees and the applicable loan-to-value band were included, the cheaper-looking rate was no longer clearly cheaper.
Should I compare the total outlay over those two years and the balance left at the end, using APR only as a cross-check? The monthly payments are affordable and fairly close. Portability and the cost of selling or repaying early may therefore matter more than a small rate difference.
Should I compare the total outlay over those two years and the balance left at the end, using APR only as a cross-check? The monthly payments are affordable and fairly close. Portability and the cost of selling or repaying early may therefore matter more than a small rate difference.