Either January is producing a noisy snapshot, or Toronto buyers are becoming much less forgiving; neither explanation feels sufficient on its own. In my January 2025 sample of new-build flats, the asking-to-sale difference is near 8.0%, while the better-presented units appear to take around 75 days and those needing attention linger or reduce.
The sample is small, so I’m reluctant to turn those figures into a Toronto-wide trend. I also wonder whether policy timing, relistings and the usual seasonal slowdown are distorting both the discount and marketing period.
Are people seeing the same pattern in specific neighbourhoods? It would help to know whether any comparison uses the original or final asking price, and whether the 75 days includes earlier listing periods.
The sample is small, so I’m reluctant to turn those figures into a Toronto-wide trend. I also wonder whether policy timing, relistings and the usual seasonal slowdown are distorting both the discount and marketing period.
Are people seeing the same pattern in specific neighbourhoods? It would help to know whether any comparison uses the original or final asking price, and whether the 75 days includes earlier listing periods.