My latest check has pushed the typical visible age of the Toronto listings in my notes to 119 days. That raises a new question: are these new-build flats genuinely negotiable, or am I mostly recording units that failed to sell for property-specific reasons?
The sample runs from C$621,000 to C$931,500. I suspect supply at building or street level matters more than the citywide figure, but asking prices are much easier to trace than completed sales, withdrawals and relisted units.
What would you record to separate a real opportunity from a distorted sample? I am considering original price, reduction dates, building-level inventory, completed deals and whether the likely buyer would face financing difficulties. The last point could alter demand even where the flat itself looks comparable.
The sample runs from C$621,000 to C$931,500. I suspect supply at building or street level matters more than the citywide figure, but asking prices are much easier to trace than completed sales, withdrawals and relisted units.
What would you record to separate a real opportunity from a distorted sample? I am considering original price, reduction dates, building-level inventory, completed deals and whether the likely buyer would face financing difficulties. The last point could alter demand even where the flat itself looks comparable.