fresh_glass
First-time buyer
The part that surprised me was how quickly a simple closing-cost estimate turned into a question about ownership and future transfers. I am considering a Toronto studio at roughly C$803,200, and the upfront charges are only one part of the decision.
I also need to understand recurring costs, how residency and intended use affect the analysis, possible tax treatment on a later sale, and what the ownership choice could mean for inheritance planning. Which items should be separately priced, and which assumptions should I have a local legal or tax professional confirm in writing?
I also need to understand recurring costs, how residency and intended use affect the analysis, possible tax treatment on a later sale, and what the ownership choice could mean for inheritance planning. Which items should be separately priced, and which assumptions should I have a local legal or tax professional confirm in writing?