Some sellers seem to expect buyers to negotiate around maintenance, but I am not convinced buyers are staying in the conversation at all. In a small group of Toronto studio listings from C$842,400 to C$1,264,000, the apparent movement is up 9.3% and the median time on market is roughly 112 days. Differences in condition make that headline change difficult to trust.
We are only considering two neighbourhoods, so broad Toronto numbers may be masking what is happening within their boundaries. I also need to separate buyers rejecting high recurring costs from buyers being unable to finance units that need immediate work.
Would you track new-listing volume and completed transactions within each neighbourhood before drawing anything from the 112-day figure? I am ultimately trying to understand purchase price and rental yield, including maintenance, rather than treating the 9.3% movement as evidence that every studio has strengthened.
We are only considering two neighbourhoods, so broad Toronto numbers may be masking what is happening within their boundaries. I also need to separate buyers rejecting high recurring costs from buyers being unable to finance units that need immediate work.
Would you track new-listing volume and completed transactions within each neighbourhood before drawing anything from the 112-day figure? I am ultimately trying to understand purchase price and rental yield, including maintenance, rather than treating the 9.3% movement as evidence that every studio has strengthened.