kayaksAndHill
Buyer
I have now requested the written breakdown supporting the cost estimate, which raises a more basic question about my comparison. The options are a 115 m² Dubai townhouse and a serviced apartment at a similar price.
My initial view was that the townhouse would involve more predictable upkeep, with the serviced unit shifting some routine work elsewhere. That may be backwards if building-wide decisions can create charges the owner cannot control. A single example would be a major shared repair that falls outside the operator’s normal responsibilities.
What records should I request to test that risk after the first year? I also want to compare tenant demand, realistic empty periods, insurance, energy use and resale prospects before deciding whether either option is genuinely easier to own.
My initial view was that the townhouse would involve more predictable upkeep, with the serviced unit shifting some routine work elsewhere. That may be backwards if building-wide decisions can create charges the owner cannot control. A single example would be a major shared repair that falls outside the operator’s normal responsibilities.
What records should I request to test that risk after the first year? I also want to compare tenant demand, realistic empty periods, insurance, energy use and resale prospects before deciding whether either option is genuinely easier to own.