Getting the valuation wrong at $1,350,000 could leave too little room for purchase costs, initial work and the expenses of a first rental. The Phoenix villa has three bedrooms, about 1,400 sq ft, good light and an appealing location, but its finishes are dated and its overall condition is average.
I have found three active listings and only one completed transaction. Rather than apply a single price-per-square-foot figure, I am trying to grade each property for layout, condition, parking and outdoor space. Which fact should carry the most weight: the exact micro-location, the cost of the required work, or whether the villa is already subject to a lease?
I also need to verify current rent, lease length and any recurring service or association charges before treating it as a viable rental. A local appraisal will be part of the decision.
I have found three active listings and only one completed transaction. Rather than apply a single price-per-square-foot figure, I am trying to grade each property for layout, condition, parking and outdoor space. Which fact should carry the most weight: the exact micro-location, the cost of the required work, or whether the villa is already subject to a lease?
I also need to verify current rent, lease length and any recurring service or association charges before treating it as a viable rental. A local appraisal will be part of the decision.