One completed sale has now turned up alongside three current asking comparables, which raises a practical question: should we start from that sale and price the differences, or is the evidence still too thin?
The property is a five-bedroom Manchester villa of about 1,830 sq ft, offered at £686,400. It has good light and location, but the condition is average and the finishes are dated. This would be our first rental, so I’m trying to distinguish value issues from cash-flow costs. A works estimate seems more useful than a broad condition discount, but outdoor space, the exact bedroom arrangement and tenure could all change the comparison. If it is leasehold, I also need to confirm the remaining lease length and related charges before putting much weight on the figure. A local appraisal will follow before we rely on any valuation.
The property is a five-bedroom Manchester villa of about 1,830 sq ft, offered at £686,400. It has good light and location, but the condition is average and the finishes are dated. This would be our first rental, so I’m trying to distinguish value issues from cash-flow costs. A works estimate seems more useful than a broad condition discount, but outdoor space, the exact bedroom arrangement and tenure could all change the comparison. If it is leasehold, I also need to confirm the remaining lease length and related charges before putting much weight on the figure. A local appraisal will follow before we rely on any valuation.