If the only completed comparable is a poor match, anchoring to it could misprice the flat more seriously than using cautious adjustments. The property is a Los Angeles 2-bed of about 1,830 sq ft, offered at $1,425,000, with light and location as its strongest features. Although marketed as a new build, its average condition and dated finishes need explaining, and future maintenance may be material.
I have three current listings for context but just that one closed transaction. Rather than apply a blanket rate per square foot, what details would you verify first about usable space, floor, outlook, noise and exact micro-location? Parking and ongoing building charges may also account for more of the difference than size. I plan to obtain a local appraisal, but want to give the appraiser the most relevant evidence rather than a set of over-precise adjustments.
I have three current listings for context but just that one closed transaction. Rather than apply a blanket rate per square foot, what details would you verify first about usable space, floor, outlook, noise and exact micro-location? Parking and ongoing building charges may also account for more of the difference than size. I plan to obtain a local appraisal, but want to give the appraiser the most relevant evidence rather than a set of over-precise adjustments.