Valuation check: 100 m² villa in Warsaw, asking PLN 2,706,000

kian_roofs

Landlord
Established
The price is the obvious starting point, but the thin completed-sales evidence concerns me more. I am reviewing a two-bedroom Warsaw villa of about 100 m², in average condition, at an asking price of PLN 2,706,000.

Its light and location are appealing, while the dated finishes and uncertain renovation costs pull the other way. I have three current asking examples and just one confirmed sale. For instance, a nearby villa with parking may be a better guide than a closer-sized property on a noisier street without it.

How would you account for condition and size without giving false precision to such a small sample? I would also like to know which additional detail—exact micro-location, parking, outdoor space or repair scope—would most affect your view. My base case assumes no market growth, and I will seek a local formal appraisal before acting on the estimate.
 
The ask works out at PLN 27,060 per m², but I would not apply a broad citywide rate to a villa. With only one completed comparable, I’d start there and adjust condition cautiously—perhaps 5–10% if the work is mainly finishes, but potentially more if kitchens, bathrooms, services or the building fabric need attention. For floor area, use the closest local evidence rather than assuming every extra square metre has equal value.
 
The missing fact for me is the exact micro-location. In Warsaw, two properties that look close on a map can differ because of street noise, access, immediate surroundings and transport convenience. How close is the completed sale, and does it have comparable parking and outdoor space? Those could matter more than a modest floor-area difference.
 
I’m not convinced a percentage condition adjustment is reliable here. “Average” and “dated” can describe anything from cosmetic work to a near-total refurbishment. I’d estimate the actual work in PLN, include some contingency, and deduct that from the value of a genuinely comparable property. A flat percentage risks overstating the deduction on expensive land in a strong location.
 
Also clarify the legal and occupancy setup before refining the number. Is the land and building ownership straightforward, or is there any leasehold or other title arrangement? Are there service charges or shared-estate obligations? Lease length may be irrelevant for this villa, but title restrictions or recurring charges would not be. Parking rights and whether the outdoor space is private should be confirmed rather than inferred from the listing.
 
Agreed that a cost-to-cure approach is better once the scope is known. My 5–10% was only a rough screening range, not something I’d carry into an offer unchanged. I would make a small table around the completed sale: micro-location, plot/outdoor space, parking, usable floor area, condition and transaction date. Keep the three asking comparables as upper-bound context, since their eventual sale prices are unknown.
 
The practical next step is to get the completed comparable’s full particulars and make sure it was genuinely arm’s-length and similar in property type. Then obtain a renovation estimate and verify title, parking, outdoor boundaries and any recurring charges. Run at least three cases: cosmetic work, substantial updating and a downside case for hidden works. With no appreciation assumed, the valuation should stand on today’s evidence rather than needing future growth to justify PLN 2,706,000.
 
Back
Top