I keep arriving at two different values depending on the method. One completed sale seems the better anchor, while three active listings provide a broader picture of the competition for a 2-bed Johannesburg condo of roughly 110 m².
The asking price is ZAR 24,120,000. The unit is bright and well situated, but it needs updating and the service charges could be significant. I would not, for example, price an additional 10 m² at the building’s full average rate if that space is awkward or mostly external.
Before attempting a provisional range, I need to establish whether the quoted area is internal or total, along with the tenure or lease terms, parking and usable outdoor space. Should the updating cost be handled separately after those harder-to-change features are matched against the completed sale?
The asking price is ZAR 24,120,000. The unit is bright and well situated, but it needs updating and the service charges could be significant. I would not, for example, price an additional 10 m² at the building’s full average rate if that space is awkward or mostly external.
Before attempting a provisional range, I need to establish whether the quoted area is internal or total, along with the tenure or lease terms, parking and usable outdoor space. Should the updating cost be handled separately after those harder-to-change features are matched against the completed sale?