Valuation check: 110 m² villa in Vienna asking €708,400

drawTheGrain

Property investor
Established
€708,400 is the number I am trying to justify. The property is a 110 m², 3-bed villa in Vienna, with good light and a strong location but fairly dated finishes.

There are three current listings I can compare it with, yet just one known sale. How should I allow for the size difference without valuing every additional square metre at the same rate, and how would you price the required updating? I am also unsure whether parking, recurring management costs or the underlying ownership and lease terms are the factor most likely to change the result. A local valuation will follow, but I want to test the assumptions first.
 
I’d start with the completed sale, but only if its micro-location and property rights are genuinely comparable. For condition, use the likely cost of bringing the villa up to the comparable’s standard, then add a separate allowance for disruption rather than applying an arbitrary percentage. For floor area, I wouldn’t multiply every extra metre by the full average €/m²; additional space usually needs a lower marginal value in the model.
 
Is this held like a conventional standalone villa, or is there a lease or shared-management arrangement? The mention of service charges makes that important. Lease length and the recurring charge details could change the conclusion more than dated finishes.

I’d also want the exact micro-location, parking situation and usable outdoor space. “Vienna” is too broad for the one completed sale to carry much weight.
 
I’m less comfortable than helenaw with treating that completed sale as the starting anchor. One transaction can mislead if it differs on street, light, parking or outdoor space. I’d use it as one scenario and treat the three asking comparables as upper-limit evidence, not achieved values.

Before refining the number, request the service-charge breakdown and recent history, clarify any lease terms, and make a side-by-side table for floor area, condition, parking and outdoor space. If the €708,400 case only works after generous adjustments on several lines, that is useful in itself.
 
Back
Top