chooseTheHearth
Landlord
I have found three current asking comparables and one recorded sale, but I still cannot tell whether they are close enough to value this property properly. It is a two-bedroom Auckland duplex of about 115 m² in average condition, offered at NZ$264,000. Its light and location appeal to me; the dated interior and possible costs associated with renting it out do not.
Should the completed sale be the starting point, with adjustments based on usable floor area and specific required work, or is the evidence too thin until I confirm the exact micro-location and tenure? I also lack firm details on any lease term, ongoing charges, parking and usable outdoor space.
My rental model assumes eleven paid months, although the repair allowance may be inadequate, and I am not sure the energy rating deserves much weight. My next step is to verify those missing property details before asking for a local appraisal rather than trying to manufacture a precise value from weak comparables.
Should the completed sale be the starting point, with adjustments based on usable floor area and specific required work, or is the evidence too thin until I confirm the exact micro-location and tenure? I also lack firm details on any lease term, ongoing charges, parking and usable outdoor space.
My rental model assumes eleven paid months, although the repair allowance may be inadequate, and I am not sure the energy rating deserves much weight. My next step is to verify those missing property details before asking for a local appraisal rather than trying to manufacture a precise value from weak comparables.