I now have one completed sale to compare with the listings, which raises a new question: how much weight should I give it if the lease, parking or exact position differs?
The property is a 3-bed Singapore townhouse of about 150 m², in average condition and offered at S$1,842,000. Its light and location are appealing, but the dated finishes and purchase costs reduce what I would be comfortable paying. I do not want to apply a mechanical price-per-square-metre adjustment when usable layout and condition may matter more than the raw floor area.
Before setting a range, I am inclined to verify the remaining lease length because that could affect both present value and the future buyer pool. Parking rights, service charges, outdoor space and the precise micro-location could also make the limited comparables misleading. How would you rank those factors, and would you treat asking prices only as upper-end context until more completed-sale evidence or a local appraisal is available?
The property is a 3-bed Singapore townhouse of about 150 m², in average condition and offered at S$1,842,000. Its light and location are appealing, but the dated finishes and purchase costs reduce what I would be comfortable paying. I do not want to apply a mechanical price-per-square-metre adjustment when usable layout and condition may matter more than the raw floor area.
Before setting a range, I am inclined to verify the remaining lease length because that could affect both present value and the future buyer pool. Parking rights, service charges, outdoor space and the precise micro-location could also make the limited comparables misleading. How would you rank those factors, and would you treat asking prices only as upper-end context until more completed-sale evidence or a local appraisal is available?