Valuation check: 155 m² townhouse in Vienna, asking €1,090,000

kit_escrow

Landlord
Established
I can either start with the single completed sale or build a comparison from the three current listings, and neither option feels dependable on its own.

The property is a 4-bed Vienna townhouse of about 155 m², in average condition and offered at €1,090,000. It has good light and an appealing location, but dated finishes and possible vacancy costs complicate the comparison. A broad square-metre adjustment seems too crude if the layouts, parking and outdoor areas differ.

Before putting a value on it, I think I need a feature-by-feature comparison and an explanation for the vacancy-cost concern. Which document or detail would you request first: evidence of the exact micro-location of the sale, parking rights, recurring charges, occupancy or lease information, or measured usable floor area? I will arrange a local appraisal after verifying those points.
 
With only one completed sale, I wouldn’t choose a fixed percentage adjustment yet. I’d first compare price per square metre, then adjust cautiously for usable layout rather than floor area alone. A 155 m² house with awkward circulation can be worth less than a smaller, better-planned one.

The missing fact most likely to move my view is the precise micro-location. After that: outdoor space, parking, service charges, and whether any lease or occupancy issue explains the possible vacancy costs.
 
I’d be wary of leading with price per square metre here. For townhouses, parking, private outdoor space, light, plot position and renovation scope can overwhelm a simple floor-area adjustment. The completed sale should carry more weight than the three listings, but only if its condition and micro-location are genuinely comparable.

I’d make a feature grid for all four properties, ask for the basis of the vacancy-cost concern and obtain details of recurring charges and any lease arrangements. Then cost the dated finishes separately instead of applying a broad “average condition” discount.
 
Back
Top