Valuation check: 170 m² duplex in Mumbai, asking ₹18,370,000 (3 bed)

finn.dale

Real estate agent
Verified Pro
I’ve checked three nearby listings and one recorded transaction, but I still can’t tell whether they match this duplex closely enough. It is a 3-bed in Mumbai, around 170 m², offered at ₹18,370,000. The light and position appeal to me; the dated finishes put it closer to average condition than renovated condition.

How would you grade that difference without pretending the limited evidence is more precise than it is? I also need to confirm that the floor areas were measured consistently, along with the remaining lease term and any renewal implications. As this would be our first rental, current service charges and likely building expenditure may matter more than a cosmetic adjustment. Which of those unknowns would you resolve first?
 
I wouldn’t choose a percentage adjustment range yet. With only one completed comparable, first establish whether it is genuinely comparable by building, immediate street, floor, light, parking and outdoor space. A larger duplex can also have a lower value per square metre if part of the 170 m² is awkward or less usable.

The missing fact I’d prioritise is the exact tenure and remaining lease term, including any known renewal cost. After that, get the current service charges and recent major-building expenditure.
 
I’d put micro-location ahead of lease length unless there is already evidence that the lease is unusually short or costly. Mumbai values can diverge sharply over a small distance, so a completed sale in another pocket may be weaker evidence than a well-matched nearby listing.

For the rental decision, ask for the expected rent, service charges, parking arrangements and a realistic allowance for updating the dated finishes. Compare net income rather than the headline purchase price. Also confirm whether all 170 m² is measured on the same basis as the comparables.
 
Back
Top