Valuation check: 180 m² detached home in Dubai at AED 1,688,000

green_garden

Property investor
The AED 1,688,000 asking price looks plausible at first glance. My concern is that the evidence is too thin to support it.

The property is a 3-bed detached home in Dubai, roughly 180 m² and in average condition, with good natural light but dated finishes. I can see three current listings and only one achieved sale. Rather than applying a general condition grade, would it be better to obtain a costed list of the refurbishment and adjust for that separately?

I also need to verify that every comparable uses the same area definition. Beyond exact micro-location, I would want the completed sale date, outdoor-space and parking details, tenure, and any service charges before giving that transaction much weight.
 
With only one completed comparable, I wouldn’t claim a defensible percentage range yet. Start with that sale, confirm that its area is measured on the same basis, then compare price per square metre without applying it mechanically. For condition, a separate allowance for the dated work is clearer than an arbitrary grade. Exact micro-location would be my biggest missing fact, followed by the sale date and whether its parking and outdoor space are genuinely comparable.
 
Is the 180 m² the same floor-area definition used in all four comparables, and do you know whether the home is freehold or leasehold? If leasehold, the remaining term could matter more than the finishes. I’d also want service charges, parking arrangements, plot or outdoor-space details, and the completed sale’s condition before adjusting anything.
 
I’d be cautious about treating the asking listings as a ceiling. Sellers can overprice, but they can also list below a later agreed price, so they mainly show current competition. Detached homes also resist simple floor-area adjustments because layout, plot utility, parking and outdoor space may dominate a modest size difference.

Build a comparison table, verify like-for-like area and tenure, score micro-location and non-floor-space features separately, and keep transaction fees outside the property valuation so the purchase budget and underlying value do not get mixed together.
 
Back
Top