KES 116,700,000 is the figure making me pause. The Nairobi duplex has five bedrooms and about 195 m², which works out near KES 598,000 per m² before accounting for parking, terraces or other differences.
Natural light and location are its advantages; the finishes are dated, and the possible property-tax burden needs checking. I have three current asking prices for comparison, but just one completed sale. Should I adjust the floor areas onto the same basis first and then deduct identifiable condition costs? I would also like to know whether exact micro-location, remaining lease length, service charges or the treatment of parking could shift the result most. This is only a working estimate before a local appraisal.
Natural light and location are its advantages; the finishes are dated, and the possible property-tax burden needs checking. I have three current asking prices for comparison, but just one completed sale. Should I adjust the floor areas onto the same basis first and then deduct identifiable condition costs? I would also like to know whether exact micro-location, remaining lease length, service charges or the treatment of parking could shift the result most. This is only a working estimate before a local appraisal.