Valuation check: 2,210 sq ft villa in Los Angeles asking $1,105,000

way.sage

Property manager
I have located one completed sale, but it raises a harder question: is it genuinely comparable enough to guide the price? The villa is a one-bedroom property in Los Angeles, approximately 2,210 sq ft, with an asking price of $1,105,000.

Its setting and natural light are positives for me. Against that, the finishes need attention, and any vacant period would add carrying costs. The other three properties I found are still being advertised, so they show expectations rather than achieved values.

I am reluctant to apply a simple price-per-square-foot figure when so much space is arranged as one bedroom. Would you compare layout and micro-location first, then price the condition difference? I still need to confirm parking, outdoor space, ownership structure and recurring charges. I’ll also rebuild the broker’s yield with owner expenses included and seek a local appraisal.
 
I would start with the completed sale, but only after establishing how close it is in micro-location, parking and outdoor space. Asking prices show seller expectations, not achieved value. I wouldn’t apply a flat price-per-square-foot adjustment either: 2,210 sq ft arranged as one bedroom may not be valued like the same area with more flexible accommodation. For condition, estimate the work required and add an allowance for disruption and uncertainty.
 
One completed sale can also be a poor anchor if its condition or exact location differs materially. My first missing fact would be the ownership and recurring-cost structure: any lease length or service charges, if applicable, could alter both value and the broker’s yield. Next I’d verify the sold comparable’s floor area and features, then put parking, outdoor space and condition into separate comparison columns rather than burying everything in one percentage.
 
Back
Top