dev.meadow
Real estate agent
If I misread the value here, the unusually large floor area could leave me paying for space that future buyers do not value in the same way.
The property is a two-bedroom detached home in London, around 2,690 sq ft, offered at £936,000. It has good natural light and a strong location, but the finishes are dated and there may be service charges. I have three current listings for comparison and just one known sale, so the achieved-price evidence is limited.
How would you treat so much space in a two-bedroom layout? A straight price-per-square-foot adjustment seems too generous if the extra area is awkward or cannot readily serve as another bedroom. I’m also trying to separate the value of the immediate street from parking and outdoor space.
Lease length and the amount and coverage of any service charge are still unknown. Which would alter your view most? For example, I suspect a short lease would matter more than dated decoration, but I may be focusing on the wrong issue before arranging a local valuation.
The property is a two-bedroom detached home in London, around 2,690 sq ft, offered at £936,000. It has good natural light and a strong location, but the finishes are dated and there may be service charges. I have three current listings for comparison and just one known sale, so the achieved-price evidence is limited.
How would you treat so much space in a two-bedroom layout? A straight price-per-square-foot adjustment seems too generous if the extra area is awkward or cannot readily serve as another bedroom. I’m also trying to separate the value of the immediate street from parking and outdoor space.
Lease length and the amount and coverage of any service charge are still unknown. Which would alter your view most? For example, I suspect a short lease would matter more than dated decoration, but I may be focusing on the wrong issue before arranging a local valuation.