Valuation check: 210 m² detached home in Manila at PHP 18,270,000

ink.gentle

Developer
If we value this incorrectly, our first rental could begin with too little room for repairs or weak cash flow. The property is a 3-bed detached house in Manila, about 210 m², offered at PHP 18,270,000. It has good light and a location we like, but the finishes are dated and the financing terms will matter.

I have located three competing listings and one recorded transaction. Should floor area and condition be adjusted independently, or would you combine them where renovation needs are substantial? I am also missing firm details on the exact micro-location, parking, usable outdoor area, service charges and tenure or remaining lease term.

My inclination is to establish the land and building areas first, then grade condition and add the other features separately rather than forcing everything into one percentage. Which missing detail would cause you to abandon that approach or revise the value most sharply? We will arrange a local professional valuation before making a final decision.
 
I would not choose a percentage adjustment before examining that completed sale closely. Compare its sale date, exact micro-location, floor area, condition, parking and outdoor space with this house. Asking prices can show the competition, but not what buyers accepted.

Micro-location is probably the biggest missing fact. Even so, tenure or remaining lease length could override everything if it differs from the comparable.
 
Is the 210 m² the building floor area only, and do you have comparable land or outdoor-space details? For a detached home, adjusting solely by floor area can mislead when one property has better parking or usable outdoor space.

I would also ask whether any service charges apply and what they cover. Those may not change the headline value in a simple way, but they matter to your rental cash flow.
 
Good points. I only have the advertised 210 m² figure at present, not a verified breakdown or enough detail on the outdoor area. I also need confirmation of parking, tenure or lease length, and any service charges.

I will request those items and the completed comparable’s sale date and exact location before trying to assign adjustments. That seems more defensible than starting with a generic price per square metre.
 
I partly disagree that micro-location must be the largest adjustment. If the completed sale is recently renovated and this house has dated finishes, condition could dominate the comparison—especially when you are buying it as a rental and cannot ignore the work or downtime needed before letting.

Grade condition item by item rather than calling both homes “average”: finishes, essential repairs and rental readiness. Avoid subtracting an unsupported lump sum.
 
Build two separate calculations. First, reconcile the property value from the completed sale, with written adjustments for location, floor area, condition, parking and outdoor space. Use the three listings only as context. Second, model the rental decision using the purchase price, financing costs, service charges if any, and the time or work needed before occupancy.

That prevents an attractive valuation from hiding weak cash flow. Give the same verified details to the local appraiser and ask how heavily the single completed sale influenced the result.
 
Back
Top