Valuation check: 215 m² duplex in Vienna, asking €800,400 - second opinion?

kit_escrow

Landlord
Established
I’m assessing a 2-bed duplex in Vienna: approximately 215 m², average condition, asking €800,400. Its strongest points seem to be the light and location, while the dated finishes and possible energy-performance costs count against it.

I have three asking-price comparables but only one completed sale. What adjustment approach would you use for condition and the unusually large floor area? The other unknowns are precise micro-location, any lease term, service charges, parking and outdoor space. Which missing fact could shift the valuation most? I’ll obtain a formal local appraisal before relying on a figure.
 
At roughly €3,723 per m², I wouldn’t apply a simple percentage adjustment yet. First establish how the 215 m² is defined—actual living area versus terraces, storage, sloped duplex space or other secondary area. With only two bedrooms, that breakdown could materially change the comparison.

I’d also prioritise the exact micro-location and details of the completed sale over the three asking prices. Condition should be graded item by item rather than as “average”: heating and energy work may affect value differently from cosmetic finishes. Then compare service charges, parking and outdoor space separately. Any lease length matters if applicable, but the verified usable-area schedule is the missing fact I’d request first.
 
Back
Top