Valuation check: 215 m² new-build flat in Rio de Janeiro at R$7,112,000

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
I can either treat the dated finishes as a straightforward condition deduction or accept that the “new-build” label may point to a different comparison set. Neither option feels sound until I understand why a supposedly new property is only average in condition.

The flat is a five-bedroom unit of about 215 m² in Rio de Janeiro, offered at R$7,112,000. Its light and location are appealing, but insurance, upkeep and any building charges could change the total cost materially. My evidence consists of three current listings and a single recorded transaction. Would you test several condition and size scenarios rather than one adjustment, and which facts should I obtain first—exact micro-location, parking, floor and outlook, monthly charges, or the meaning of “new-build” here? A local appraisal will be needed before I rely on the result.
 
The completed transaction gives you a better starting point than the listings, but it raises another question: is it close enough in immediate location, building quality and included amenities to deserve that weight?

If it matches well, use it as the main reference and show low, middle and high allowances for replacing the finishes. If it differs materially, present it alongside the listings and avoid forcing a precise conclusion from thin evidence. I would also treat additional floor area at a marginal R$/m² rate rather than assuming every metre carries the overall average. Exact position and the monthly service charge, including what it covers, could alter either scenario substantially.
 
I’d put parking ahead of service charges until you know what is included in the sale. Number and type of spaces, outdoor space, floor level and outlook can explain a surprising amount of the gap between superficially similar 215 m² flats.

Also, what makes it “new-build” if the finishes are already dated? Is it newly completed, recently converted, or simply never occupied? That distinction matters to the condition grading.
 
The one completed sale deserves more weight than the three listings, but only after checking whether it matches the same immediate area, building standard, parking and outdoor space. Asking prices indicate seller expectations, not where buyers ultimately agreed.

I would make a simple comparison table, calculate the implied R$/m², then show separate adjustments rather than blending everything into one percentage. Obtain the service-charge amount and what it covers, confirm parking, and clarify any tenure or lease-length issue that applies locally. Those facts should go to the appraiser too.
 
Back
Top