Valuation check: 245 m² apartment in Barcelona at €561,200

EarlyRoof

Market analyst
Market Reporter
I can anchor the valuation to one completed transaction or use three current listings to widen the comparison, and neither option feels reliable on its own. The sale is better evidence of an agreed price, but it may not match the size and micro-location; the listings are more numerous but only show seller expectations.

The apartment is a roughly 245 m², 4-bed property in Barcelona offered at €561,200. It has good light and a useful location, though the finishes are dated and the ongoing insurance, maintenance and vacancy exposure could be significant. Which adjustment would you investigate first: exact street and floor, occupancy, service charges, parking, outdoor space or the basis used to measure the area? I am considering an itemised renovation estimate rather than a broad condition discount, then using a local appraisal to test the revised comparison.
 
The exact micro-location would change my view first. In Barcelona, a comparable on a nearby street may still be a poor match if the floor, outlook, noise, lift access or natural light differs. I would give the completed sale the most attention, provided it is similarly large, then use the three listings mainly to frame the sellers’ expectations. Is the apartment delivered vacant, and what are the recurring service charges?
 
I’d be cautious about making a simple €/m² adjustment. Larger apartments do not necessarily scale at the same rate as smaller ones, so the completed sale could mislead if its floor area is far from 245 m².

For condition, obtain an itemised renovation estimate rather than applying an arbitrary percentage; dated finishes and deferred building maintenance are separate issues. Then rebuild the comparison table with floor, lift, light, outdoor space, parking, occupancy or lease position, and annual charges. I would also verify whether the stated 245 m² is measured on the same basis as each comparable.
 
Back
Top